1. The notes played by the ocarina in the opening segment of Zelda: Ocarina of Time on Nintendo 64 give me a soothing sensation on stressful days.
2. When I leave the house in the morning I listen to the beginning of the soundtrack to CONGO and pretend I’m going on an adventure, even though I live in Woodside NY.
3. I don’t and have never completely or habitually read the Bible. But when I have nightmares or worries, I am known to hug it like a teddy bear when I sleep.
4. I have my fathers first name (Mark) and my grandfather’s middle name. (Eugene)
5. I wrote a 350 page book in high school, and had a group of readers who read it over two years as I released each chapter monthly.
6. I ran the San Diego Marathon, twice
“I like the feel like having shared pages and the reminder that I have spent a lot of time with this verbal friend”
In my living room, in the corner, stands a bookshelf filled with all of my books that I consider “workbooks.” Along the top shelf are my scripts, along the bottom shelf are many vocal selections and scores. Near the middle though, sits a series of worn and torn books on the history of theatre, many series of classic plays that will not be mixed with the other scripts, and a used copy of the play “love letters”
The interesting connection with that particular play is that one, it is one of my favorites, and two, each of these books is a love letter from one lover of theatre to another. As I pick them up from the shelf, I am thinking of the wonderful woman who handed them down to me.
Throughout my life, I have had many mentors in writing, in music, in drama, in life. From the amazing support of parents, and teachers, to friends and extended family, support has never been in short supply. I know some amazing people.
That one guy from ENCORE! on ABC. NYC based Writer/Actor/Storyteller. Theatre Maker. Husband. Bad Hombre. Cat Taunter.